I ham a HUGE fan of Susan Sly and her organizational techniques. She has a great tool called the “My Power Life Planner” that is an action step guid to attracting great abundance, better relationships, money, quality experiences and whatever else you desire in your life. One of the power sections of the planner emphasises the importance of creating a clearing for #success. When your life is full of internal and external clutter, energy stagnates. If you create space for #abundance to flow – abundance WILL flow. It’s a general law. So Susan listed a few things we can begin clearing. Start clearing the following and observe how your life will easily and quickly transform!
1. Donate clothes to charity.
2. Clean out briefcase, handbag, desk, social media- unsubscribe to solicitation emails, update social media profiles, delete non-active friends.
3. Clear out closets, storage, garage, files
4. Organize office.
5. Open additional bank accounts
6. Release/consolidate bad debt.
7. Book a physical, annual check-up, teeth cleaning or dental appointment.
8. Purge old business materials that are out of date.
9. Tidy up ‘junk’ drawer in your kitchen.
10. Collect loose change around the house and donate it to a favorite cause or use it to pay bills.
I began organizing my thoughts to open up new possibilities for the new year a few weeks earlier this month, and using Susan’s Power Life Plan was a great way to help me get started. However, I noticed there was one key component missing to the clearing and that is clearing your body of toxins.
We are exposed to harmful substances all the time. Thankfully, our body is a magical organism that has a system for everything! We have a system of enzymes throughout the body that are continuously breaking these toxins down and flushing them out.
I follow a cleanse program that works by optimizing our enzyme system. It involves eating whole super foods that are packed with nutrients believed to boost the activity of the enzymes and nourish the bodies most important detoxifying organs- the liver, lungs kidneys and colon so they can do their jobs better and more efficiently. ALL my health coaching clients swear by it and apparently Yahoo! data reveals it to be one of their top detoxing cleanses for 2014. SHAPE magazine published an article about it. Take a look here. I’ll give you a hint, the cleanse program I use and recommend to all of my clients is number 10 😉
Would it be ok if you started your home and body clearing with a real solution that works this year? Let me show you how! Contact me now at 914-357-5318 for a complimentary one hour health coaching session on nutrition, home and business clearing for the new year.
God, change the things I can change. Accept the things I can’t change. Give me the wisdom to be able to see the difference in the two.
I get really intrigued when people say, all you have to do in order to change is just do it! While I strongly believe that action is required for change, it can be a very difficult feat. I have noticed that people who try to take on a new habit they’ve never experienced, doing so is actually a complex issue. I think it is important to understand why change does not occur. I have been studying a lot of Wyatt Woodsmall, President of Advanced Behavioral Modeling, Inc., teachings and in one of his lectures he mentions the four enemies of change. They are the following:
1) “Chance to” change, which means the system that a person is under does not allow change.
2) “Want to” change. One must have the willingness to change. If there is no motivation, there is no change.
3) “How to” change, which means they lack the training. We don’t know what to do or how to do it.
4) “Able to” change, which simply means we are unable to do it.
So now, the question is, what are the magical three approaches to facilitate change? First and foremost, lets be clear, the greatest enemy is distraction. In order to evolve and go to the next level you need to figure out where you are wasting your time, and re-purpose that time, so…
1) STOP WAISTING TIME ON DISTRACTIONS!! It is super critical to focus. We often think that the more options, the more possibilities, the better off we are. This is not the case. People get caught up in the alternatives and are distracted from the most important possibility.
2) One of the fastest ways to accomplish behavior change is to find a master/mentor/coach and say, “I am facing this challenge. Will you help me figure this out? Learn the way an expert does something, then duplicate that through the system. This is called “modeling.
3) Learn to align the head and the heart. Woodsmall describes this as the *Parts Alignment: He says, “There is something we want to do, and we are capable of doing it… yet we don’t do it. We don’t do it because a part of us wants to do it, while the other parts don’t. The parts that don’t want to do it is the part that is most in charge”.
More on Parts Alignment in my next post. I use a very easy circle of life wheel that discovers the parts of are missing, and how to infuse joy and satisfaction into your life.
Until next time love.
Call me when you can.
So, lately I have been heavily studying advanced learning and teaching technologies with Eban Pegan and Wyatt Woodsmall, and this weeks learning topic was on the enemies of change. Eban and Wyatt explain that there are four challenges to behavior change. But non of these four challenges were apparent to me until I began to notice certain automatic tendencies that prevented me from having a productive day, week, month, year and/or life! I asked myself a very simple, yet profoundly important question to help me narrow in on the top three distractions I currently face. What am I wasting my time on? What am I doing, when I am not doing what I need to do? And this is what I came up with; my top three time wasters are reading emails, browsing Facebook and overloading my brain with information audios and videos. So I immediately thought, well, l need to use several approaches to implement change. I go a bit deeper on this topic in another post titled, “Greatest Enemy is Distraction- 3 Approaches to Change“. It is important to understand that if learning equals behavior change, then the vehicle that makes it happen is yourself. So why not design a life that will make these three approaches well worth it? Here I gathered 10 tips, or what I like to call life practices, that keep me at ease and engaged in my productive, happy and fulfilling life.
- Feed your heart with the most important food. Friends and family, physical activity, spirituality, and a satisfying career feed us. Lack of these foods create over-reliance on edible food.
- Drink LOTS of water. Most people are chronically dehydrated. We often mistake thirst for hunger. If you feel hungry between meals, drink a glass of water before giving into cravings. Limit or eliminate liquid calories from soda and juice.
- Eat a plant-based diet. Plant foods are typically lower in fat and calories and higher in filling fiber than meat, dairy, and processed foods, while providing loads of essential nutrients.
- Chew your food well. Digestion begins in the mouth. By thoroughly chewing your food, your body will better assimilate nutrients; you will also slow down your eating. It takes about 20 minutes for your brain to register that it is full. By slowing your eating, you’ll feel full and satisfied on less food.
- Eat real food. Avoid products with high-fructose corn syrup or a long list of unpronounceable ingredients. They tend to be highly processed, lacking the nutrients your body needs, and are often loaded with empty calories.
- Eat breakfast. Skipping meals causes your blood sugar levels to peak and dip, affecting your energy and moods. It can also cause overeating later on because you’re so hungry.
- Eat mindfully. Turn off the TV. Get away from the computer. Sit down and savor the food you are eating with no distractions.
- Get moving. Do any type of physical activity every day. Find movement or exercise you enjoy.
- Sleep, rest and relax. When you are sleep-deprived or stressed, your body will crave energy, causing cravings for sugary snacks and caffeine as an energy boost.
- Schedule fun time. Boredom and stress can lead to overeating. Make sure to take time to laugh, play, and participate in activities that bring you joy.
Until next time love.
Call me when you can.
I have been graced with the family presence and friendship of amazingly powerful healers, who’s soul magnetism has the ability to turn you into a disciple! It is such a blessing to have these beautiful people in my life. And of course my love for them is deeply rooted like no other, though, at times I find myself dancing on the edge of a skinny branch in an effort to receive their natural silent magnetic vibrations. Of these pure souls I’ve been told that, much like them, I possess healing abilities. An inclination I would have never though possible. It wasn’t until I began to reflect on my past ailments did it dawn on me. I succeeded in healing my thoughts and 95% of my lower lumbar degenerated disk, an otherwise crippling condition, all in one year. My powerful healers where right on the reading! While it took a bit of laundering to get here, I definitely championed healing of thy self. Here’s my brief story…
I am a first generation American from a strong and passionate family line of Caribs from the Dominican Republic. My grandmother, the most resilient women I know, made way to the land of opportunity with six children under her belt. My family owe’s it to this amazing women who courageously and powerfully extended her family line here in the United States. Happy and excited for the “new way of living”, she landed in the states and with haste bore another four babys. Busy women let me tell ya! An amazing cook and caretaker as both mother and father to her children and grandchildren, she did whatever it took to provide us with shelter and food. The only mishap her is that the food she afforded was not even in the slightest bit nutritious. Far from natural like the home grown produce in the Dominican Republic. My mother, naturally thin, and quite possibly mal nourished due to poor food choices, beautiful in her teenage/adult years (and now gorgeous in her current years), later married my father and created me, a 10lb 2oz baby girl! Oh my family couldn’t get enough of me. Often tossing me around like a cabbage patch doll. As colorful, happy and passionate as they were, and still are, they thought it was “cute” and “normal” for me to be as heavy as I was. And boy did that cause a lot of strain and trauma to my mind, body and soul. There was nothing for me to do but forgive them.
My teenage years were tough. I maxed 215lbs at the age of 12. Not so cute anymore, huh fam? Something had to be done. I was an obese child. My future was looking grim and miserable. At this point sports were my way out! Throughout Jr High and High School I played basketball and lost a lot of baby fat! This was a BIG deal for me. It was great! I was no longer obese, just overweight. At the age of 17 I reached my thinnest, however, unhealthy and in an abusive relationship, it was “ok” as long as I was getting thinner. I was in a tantalizing and drawn out emotional roller coaster until finally I knew what served my happiness. I had to launder my prana. That meant, washing away at least 90% of my ingrained eating habits. It meant educating myself about the importance of nutrient dense foods. It meant, getting clear about what it means to be happy, to be loving of oneself, to be honest, open, authentic and responsible.
My family is filled with healers and soul magnetizing beings. It is in my blood to be a healer. If I owe it to anyone, it would be to my family, my grandmother. SHE was, and still is, the game changer. As a recovering Cancer survivor she is still running the show like a boss! Now, as one of her healthy, vibrant and living grand daughters, I will follow in her courageous and powerful footsteps. Leading, as she did, for the kids and grandchildren of the world. Here I begin my journey through healing energy, spirits, food, LOTS of dance, music and abundance of LOVE!
Welcome to Adriana’s Healthy Secrets – The Healthy Flow of Living ^.^